Sunday, December 6, 2009

Wordle (Blog #8)

Wordle is an application that let's you copy and paste text into a box and creates you a word cloud with the most common words in the text the largest and decreasingly common words in smaller sizes. Wordle is a free site enables you to create beautiful word clouds that relay information in such a positive light!

Wordle would be absolutely wonderful to use in my classroom as a teacher! Being able to give the students information based on how many times words are used in a text would really be able to show them what aspects are really important in the notes I give or the information that I send out. Wordle also makes the information much more significant and to be quite honest prettier. As a not only a teacher, but a special education teacher it would help my students learn the information but also let my students see the information in a format that is more aesthetically pleasing to them

and their learning styles. I could definitely see myself using Wordle in instances where we might read stories and then be trying to dissect the most important parts. Wordle would be wonderful in helping my students figure out what the most important aspects of the story were, because it puts the size of the words in numerical order, so students would have an easier time seeing the important parts!   

 
Above is a Wordle I created on an article I read on Autism. 



No comments:

Post a Comment