Monday, September 28, 2009

Week 5- Photoshop

Last week in class we began a project involving the program Photoshop. Having never used Photoshop before this was the part of the class that I was looking forward to the most.

I learned that in Photoshop using the application layers enables you to make sure that you do not accidentally delete part of your picture. There are also locking capabilities that ensure you do not delete part of the picture. Layers lets you add a wide array of effects to your picture, including different objects and backgrounds.

Photoshop gives you the opportunity to create pictures and visual aids that might be different from reality. One of my favorite parts of the lesson was watching the slide show that has the altered pictures.

In my teaching profession Photoshop would enable me to make lessons interesting for my elementary schoolers'. Photoshop would let me make information much more interesting for the children, which would increase their learning.

Though Photoshop is useful in many different aspects it also has the ability to cause problems. Watch this Youtube video made by DOVE video to see how photoshop can be used to deceive people.

No comments:

Post a Comment